Advocates for Community Wellness, Inc.
Advocates For Community Wellness takes a wholistic approach to wellness. This is why we have created our Culture of WELLTH Initiative. Wellness is not only being simply in good physical and mental/emotional health. As simple as it sounds it is in many cases for some very difficult to achieve. Because mental/emotional health and physical health are linked, problems in one area can impact the other. Our educational programs strive to incorporate all 8 aspects of wellness:
- Emotional—Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
- Environmental—Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support well-being.
- Financial—Satisfaction with current and future financial situations.
- Intellectual—Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills.
- Occupational—Personal satisfaction and enrichment from one’s work.
- Physical—Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
- Social—Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system.
- Spiritual—Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life.
Education is key, and this is why we have created our Healthy Families, & Healthy Communities Wellness Initiative.
The Wellness Initiative objective is two-fold: 1) provide health education and other resources to improve nutrition outcomes and 2) to help families in poor communities achieve the opportunity to be as healthy as possible. This will be fulfilled via a series of hands-on cooking classes, monthly nutrition/wellness workshops and outreach community programs. These series of events will occur each year.